St Luke's Class Year 4/5
Class Teacher - Miss M Hutchinson
TA - Mrs Allen
TA - Mrs Horner
TA - Mrs Walker
TA - Mrs Coverley
Welcome to St Luke’s class!
Our current cornerstones topic is: Burps, Bottoms and Bile
- Open wide – let’s take a look inside! We’re on a voyage of discovery to investigate the busy world inside your body!
- Do you have a toothy grin or a winning smile? Take dental impressions and test the effects of sugary substances on your pearly whites!
- Follow a tasty morsel as it makes its way through your digestive system, helped by some mouth –watering saliva! Mmmm! Don’t forget the importance of good hygiene- at both ends!
- Whilst we’re talking business… could you recognise an animal just by its poo? Are you brave enough to take the challenge?
- Do beans really have wind power? Let’s work scientifically and bottom this one out, once and for all!
- Make a working model of the digestive system and use it to persuade others to eat healthily. Learn how to look after his marvellous belching, squelching, mixture-making machine we call our body.
Our P.E sessions take place on Monday pm (swimming)
Please keep your P.E kits in school, as we may have additional P.E sessions due to forthcoming competitions or tournaments
Homework due in on Wednesday